If you are a student, the internet is potentially your most important source of information for assignments and projects. Much time and effort is spent searching for suitable and reliable material. There are plenty of tips and tricks to finding the best information on the internet for a project. These techniques can help reduce the amount of search time you need to allocate as you research your work and which will help guide you to appropriate and dependable information.
Some of the more useful methods of conducting a search for information on the internet include Internet
- Research with a purpose in mind, to ensure that you focus your search words to the exact topic you are studying. Too broad a key word use will provide results that may not necessarily provide you with the information you require.
- Be specific in your search request. Use keywords that exactly reflect the information you are requesting. In the past people would use only single words to search for information on a topic, today web page designs and search engines allow you to search for key phrases to improve your relevant search results.
- Check the source of the information you find during a search. Be aware that some web sites that provide general information enable readers to edit the information provided on them. They may prove a useful guide, but it is also important to compare the information they provide with other information sources dedicated to the subject you are researching.
- Ensure you check the status of the information you source during an internet search. Some information you may access may not be the most currently relevant information available.
- Maintain a directory of resources you use to enable you to easily revisit them during the course of your research and to assist you to write your bibliography once your work is completed.